1. Create account.
- Register here, or login if you already have account
- Create a worker that will be used by the miner to login
2. Download a miner.
- CGMiner Linux/Windows: Download here
- CGMiner Mac OS X: Download here
- Asteroids GUI Miner Mac OS X: Download here
- BFGMiner Linux/Windows: Download here
- CPU Miner Mac/Linux/Windows: precompiled binaries are available Download here.
3. Configure your miner.
Settings for Stratum (recommended):
If you use a command-line miner, type:
./cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://altcoins-mining.com:3567 -u Weblogin.Worker -p Worker password
./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://altcoins-mining.com:3567 -u Weblogin.Worker -p Worker password
If you want, you can create additional workers with usernames and passwords of your choice here
4. Create a Staxcoin address to recieve payments.
- Downloading the client & block chain: Download the Staxcoin client from here.
Generate a new address and input it on your account page to receive payments.
5. Advanced cgminer settings / FAQ
- Scrypt readme
- Don't set intensity too high, I=11 is standard and safest. Higher intensity takes more GPU RAM. Check for hardware errors in cgminer (HW). HW=0 is good, otherwise lower intensity :)
- Set shaders according to the readme (or look at your graphic cards specifications). Cgminer uses this value at first run to calculate thread-concurrency. Easiest way to get this optimized is to use same settings as others have used here: here.
- There's also an interesting project which gives you a GUI for cgminer. Windows only it seems.
- Here's a great guide how to get up and running with Xubuntu.